Well, the Florida Primary is over. McCain won, followed by Romney, Giuliani, and Huckabee.
What does this mean?
1. Giuliani is done. He needed at least one serious win, and this was his only hope.
2. Huckabee did come in last (among the serious contenders), but that doesn’t mean much, as he didn’t really campaign in Florida.
3. We now have a three way Republican race, just like the Democrats. I predict that after this next week, Edwards will drop out, but the three Republicans will still be neck and neck.
4. Ron Paul needs to just stop. He may or may not be a good candidate, but he has no hope of being President. Giuliani had a better chance than Paul.
5. Once again, I am being placed in the position of voting for the person that is “least worst.”
Grr. I wanted Fred Thompson to be the candidate, since he was the clear conservative choice. But he dropped out last week. Not only do I now have to scrape his bumper sticker off my car, I also have to settle for Huckabee, who is the next best thing (not quite as conservative, but still not a liberal). I’m not voting for Billary or Osama. Romney and McCain are both liberal Republicans (although not as liberal as Giuliani).
Michelle Malkin has a poll on her website where she asks: if McCain wins the nomination, what are you going to do: Vote for the Democrat, Vote for McCain, or stay home.
I’m still not sure. If he wins the nomination, I will either vote for him or stay home. I agree with one poster on Mrs. Malkin’s website who said that if the country is going to be messed up by a liberal, it might as well be a Democrat liberal, so the Republicans don’t get blamed.
Also, I just found out that Indiana’s Republican Primary isn’t until May 6th. I don’t know what that’s all about, because everybody knows the candidate will be chosen by then..I mean, come on. That’s three months from now. So I have no say in the choosing of the candidate. Bummer.
>Zach and I are delegates coming up in March going to county. Don’t ask me for details cuz right now I don’t know any. I do know that at this thing in March we will be submitting our votes for who we think should be the republican nominee, and that’s in March.I feel for you that your Primary isn’t until May. But, you know YOU can do something about that for the next election. Draw up a petition and get a bunch of republicans (and democrats too cuz I’m sure they don’t get to help pick their candidate either) to sign it and send it to your republican (and their democrat)committee. It can be fixed but someone has to start it.