This post is NOT about weight loss (even though I’ve lost 32 pounds so far).
We have lived here for six years. A lot of our stuff has been sitting in boxes for the entire time (mostly decorations). We decided recently that we are going to sell our house and move. The first step is to clean and fix up the house, and then we need to get rid of as much of our “stuff” as we can. We are dividing things into five categories:
- Stuff we want to keep in the house until we move. Our clothes, our furniture that we use every day, computers, etc.
- Stuff that we want to keep which we will put in storage. For instance, furniture we don’t use right now, winter clothes (for now).
- Stuff we are going to sell.
- Stuff that doesn’t sell that we will just give to Goodwill
- Stuff we are going to throw away: old papers, broken things, etc…
As we are going through the boxes, we have found several figurines that we thought would be worth something. Precious Moments, Cherished Teddies, some collector’s plates, etc. I looked up the retail price of some of these things, and then looked on eBay (and other sites) to find out how much people are paying for them right now, and it’s somewhat discouraging. For instance, we have a Precious Moments graduate figurine that retails for about $50 right now. The last one that sold on eBay went for $2. Does anybody know where I could sell these things to make some money?
Another thing we are trying to sell is my guitar. My parents bought it for me when I was about eleven years old. I took lessons for a few years then, and then stopped. I started up again in college, and lasted about six months that time. Since then I’ve taken it out of the case once or twice a year, tuned it up and played a few songs. So it needs to go. The only problem is that I don’t know how much it’s really worth, and where I should sell it. Any ideas?