Interesting dates and facts for the 2008 NFL season:
1. March: I find out sometime this month if I am going to get the Colts season tickets I requested.
2. April 9th-ish: 2008 schedule announced.
3. April 26th and 27th: The 2008 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall in New York City
4. July : Colts training camp starts.
5. August 3rd: Pre-season Hall of Fame game involving Colts vs Redskins in Canton, OH
6. September 4th: Regular Season Opener
The Colts 2008 home game opponents: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, and Houston Texans.
The Colts 2008 away game opponents: Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, and Houston Texans.
I think it’s interesting that the Colts seem to play the Patriots every year, even though they aren’t in the same division. I understand the reason for it (they end up around the same level every year), but it’s just interesting. Factoid for the day: Peyton Manning has faced the Patriots 16 times in his 10 years in the NFL. There was only one year that the Colts and Pats didn’t play: 2002.
Peyton’s record against the Patriots: 5 wins 11 losses (31.25%)
Peyton’s record against the Brady-led Patriots: 3-7 (30%)
Peyton’s record against the Patriots in the past three years: 3-1 (75%)
How will we fare this year? Time will tell.